Module 1 The convergence of international Sustainability norms, and the legislations of the Indian Government.
Why is Sustainability important for my company?
- The Forcing Factors - Global Warming, slowing economy, resource scarcity, increasing population, increasing consumer and investor consciousness including the emergence of the Fourth (Green) economy.
- To study how world-class enterprises have leveraged Sustainability to develop long-term strategy, and found renewed wind in their sail.
- To understand the implications of the recent trends towards convergence of international Sustainability norms, and the national government policies and directives.
Contents of the Module
- Case studies of companies that have integrated Sustainability into their business processes
- International Sustainability norms - reporting and disclosures/ greening the supply chain - ecolabelling
- Environmental Laws
- The PAT Directive - for nine high-energy consuming sectors
- The Corporate Environment Responsibility (CER) Directive
- Sustainability Directives for Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSEs)